We believe it is critical to acknowledge what is happening to our communities. From the threat of the COVID-19 pandemic that has taken many lives, to the systemic racism and inequalities that continue to deeply affect communities of color, we are seeing trauma in a multitude of ways.
Our mission is to serve the U.S. Cooperative Extension System by partnering to make a greater collective impact and promote accessibility to all in communities across the nation. We are committed to fostering inclusive work where diversity is welcomed, encouraged, and leveraged for growth, new knowledge, and community vitality.
The eXtension Foundation will continue to do what it does best – create opportunities for Cooperative Extension to engage in dialogue, learn from one another, and help identify next steps in addressing these challenges.
Cooperative Extension professionals can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to make a contribution to the resources listed below.
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion eFieldbook (eXtension DEI Fellows Dr. Shatomi Luster-Edward & Dr. Lindsey Lunsford)
- Access, Equity and Belonging Committee
- Civil Dialogue Resources & Toolkits (Southern Rural Development Center)
- Coming Together for Racial Understanding (Southern Rural Development Center)
- Investing in Community Resilience Learning Series (eXtension Foundation & Scattergood Foundation)
- Available for eXtension Members Only in Connect Extension
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Community of Practice